I calculated the final NHL standings if each team continued at their current pace.
Note: I took (Points / Games Played) = Points Per Game. I then took (Points Per Game * 82-games) = Current 82-game NHL standings pace.
Washington wins the Presidents trophy with 121 points. They finished 69 points better than the last place Colorado Avalanche, which is nice.
The Blackhawks finish tied for the 6th best record with San Jose.
The Tampa Bay Lightning finish last in the Atlantic division as well as the Eastern Conference. However, they still finish better than five of the six western conference teams that miss the playoffs.
- Washington Capitals vs New York Islanders
- Montreal Canadians vs New York Rangers
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs Pittsburgh Penguins
- Ottawa Senators vs Toronto Maple Leafs
- Minnesota Wild vs Los Angeles Kings
- San Jose Sharks vs St Louis Blues
- Chicago Blackhawks vs Nashville Predators
- Anaheim Ducks vs Edmonton Oilers